The slides in a presentation look particularly attractive and professional if they are uniformly designed. However, this design does not have to be done laboriously for each individual slide – for this there is the slide master! The design and colors of the individual slides can be defined in the slide master. Companies and universities usually provide their own slide masters to ensure a uniform appearance (corporate design).
Under the View tab, the slide master can be found in the Master Views group and under the Slide Masters field. A new tab opens where all slide layouts can be found in the thumbnail view on the left. To give a layout a specific design, it must be clicked. The top slide represents the parent design, which is used for all slides unless otherwise specified.
On each slide in the slide master there are placeholders that provide a certain area of the slide for content. The placeholder text represents the later content. In the slide master itself, only the format and design of the slides are edited. For this reason, it is particularly useful to open the slide master at the beginning and before the content of the presentation is created and a design is created. If the slide design is already in place, content can be entered without slipping during later formatting! A uniform look looks professional and saves time.
1. To create a custom slide design across all slides, we click the top slide template on the thumbnail view.
The thumbnail on the left side showed all the slide layouts that can be inserted in the later presentation. The top slide represents the main template for all slides. Its appearance determines the design of all other slides in the presentation, including the associated slide layouts, which are also located on the left column below the main slide. It should be noted, however, that at this point we are only editing the appearance and not editing the content. The slide master can edit any design. It doesn’t matter if it’s a preset or blank presentation.
2. The ribbon offers several possibilities to customize the design. The fastest one is undoubtedly to use a preset design. Clicking on Designs reveals a variety of design suggestions. In our example, we choose the green design in the first line of suggestions.
3. Now all the slides have adopted the new design.
Customize foil color scheme
1. In the menu bar at the top is the Colors button, which provides a wide range of color combinations. Another click on a color selection, such as blue-green, will change the color settings of all slides.
2. Fonts can be changed in the same way.
Change font color
1. The font of the master slide can also be changed individually. To do this, the entire text or the passages that are to be adjusted must be selected.
2. Afterwards, the font type, color, and size can be changed using the small formatting menu that appears automatically after selection. Alternatively, this menu can be created by right-clicking on the selected line.
3. The font can also be changed by clicking on the Home tab, which also contains a menu for adjusting the font. The master view remains active, which means that we are still in the slide master editing mode and not in the actual presentation with real content.
4. Wir wählen eine neue Farbe aus und sehen, dass die Auswirkungen auf unserer markierten Zeile.
- The color and design of the bullets can also be customized. To do this, we should mark the line whose bullets are to be customized. If all layers are to have uniform bullets, we mark all lines.
2. In the upper Paragraph ribbon we click on the Bullets icon and select the desired characters from there.
3. If we want to make the bullets even more individual, PowerPoint offers us many possibilities. To do this, we click on the bullet icon as in the previous step and control the lowest item Numbering and Bullets by clicking on it.
4. then the dialog box select opens and has the possibility to change the color of the characters, their size or to insert own images as bullets. When all settings have been made, we make our entries visible by clicking OK.
Close slide master
To close the slide master again and return to the actual presentation, you can click on the Close slide master field (far right) in the Slide master tab. The slide master is now closed and you can see the changes you have made, which have been automatically transferred from the slide master to the existing slides!